Monday 6 June 2011

Neepawa High School Rodeo

     So, this past weekend was the last and final high school rodeo before finals. As you know i compete in the events goat tying, breakaway roping, barrel racing and team roping. knowing that I was going to have a busy weekend we (Ty, mom and I) left Thursday evening. Since figuring out that my barrel horse "Bugsy" runs better when we work the barrel pattern the night before the actual competition. 
     The first day of competition I get on my little bay mare, "Kitty" as i'm warming her up for our first event which is goat tying. As Kitty and I do our thing we ended up placing fourth that day with an 11.59, not to bad! Next is breakaway roping, for this event I actually use my brothers calf roping horse Chex. As he jumps off of him after his run we change the stir-ups so I can actually reach them and hop on placing third. After having lots of good luck in the first 2 events, barrel racing and team roping didn't totally go the way id hoped it would. Even with the sun shining it still wasn't the greatest rodeo day for me.
     Then there was the second day, having no luck at all with me! My goat decided to actually kick out my tie giving me a no time; also missing in both breakaway roping and team roping! To make matters worse I knocked a barrel over for barrel racing even! That is pretty much how my weekend went for me.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment